It’s Time for a Fresh Start
A fresh start means something different to everyone, whether it’s a change of scenery, circumstance, or all the above, sometimes a fresh start is just what the doctor ordered.
Starting new can be an exciting time, especially if you’re considering building a new home. With modern construction and technology, new homes are nearly limitless. They come in all shapes and sizes, giving you the freedom to choose the perfect fit for your needs. From sprawling estates to cozy cottages, there is something out there for everyone.
One of the best parts about building a new construction home is having the option to customize it to your preferences. Whether it’s adding a sunroom, selecting the fixtures, or choosing which appliances to include in your kitchen- each choice adds up to create a unique living space that truly reflects your personal tastes and lifestyle.
Building a new construction home can save you money in the long run. Homeowners have the option to equip their homes with energy efficient features, which includes:
- Construction material: Insulation, windows, and doors can make a huge difference in your energy bills.
- Modern Technology: Today’s technology has made it easier than ever to make your new construction home energy efficient. Smart thermostats allow you to control the temperature in your house from anywhere in the world with a smartphone or computer. Smart lighting systems can detect when a room is occupied and adjust the lights accordingly.
- Proper Ventilation: When building a new construction home, it’s essential to ensure proper ventilation is in place. Proper ventilation is key to keeping your energy efficient new construction home comfortable and healthy.
- Energy Efficient Appliances: Older appliances such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers, aren’t as energy efficient as most newer models. When you build a new construction home, you can select energy efficient appliances that will both save you money in the long run and complement your home perfectly.
Functional Floor Plans
Having a desirable floor plan is one of the most important factors in a family’s long-term happiness in a home. A floor plan will guide your daily routine, either for better or for worse. So, it’s important to design one that suits the needs of you and your family.
To make sure your design fits within your budget and meets your needs, work with experienced professionals who specialize in new construction floor plans. They can help guide you through every step of the process, from creating a realistic blueprint to finding materials that meet your standards.
Lower Maintenance Costs
New construction homes offer lower maintenance costs compared to older homes. Not only do new builds generally come with the latest materials, appliances, and features, but they also require less money spent on repairs and upkeep.
Many builders offer warranties for defects in materials or workmanship that may arise during the first few years of ownership. These warranties can help offset any unexpected repair costs during the early years of owning a new construction home. This means that you can enjoy your dream home without worrying about costly repairs or maintenance right away.
When your new construction home is complete, you don’t have to worry about the age and condition of materials like plumbing and wiring. Older homes often have outdated systems that need to be replaced or repaired, which can be expensive and time-consuming. With a new build, you know exactly what materials were used and that they meet current safety standards.
Things to Remember Before the Construction Process Begins
If you’re building a new construction home, keep these helpful tips in-mind throughout the process:
- Do your research: Conduct thorough research on the builder, the neighborhood, local schools, and amenities. Look into the builder’s track record and ask them questions to make sure they’re reputable and reliable.
- Check out the warranty: Ask what kind of warranty is being offered by the builder and find out what it covers. Knowing exactly what type of protection you have in case something goes wrong is essential for peace of mind when building a new construction home.
- Create a budget: Before you start shopping for materials, appliances, etc., sit down and create a realistic budget that covers all of the building costs and related expenses.
- Be aware of hidden costs: Even when you’ve done your due diligence in terms of research, there may still be unexpected additional costs associated with building a new construction home. Make sure to factor these in when creating your budget so they don’t come as a surprise.
- Get organized: During the building process, make sure you have all of the necessary paperwork on hand so that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
I am Building a New Construction Home, What Do I Need to Know?
The construction process for building a new home typically includes four phases: planning and design, building, inspection and completion. During the planning and design phase, you will work with an architect or designer to create your dream home. This involves selecting materials, designing floor plans and elevations, selecting fixtures and finishes, and obtaining building permits.
Pros of building a new construction home include the ability to customize the home to your liking, having a brand-new home with modern features and technologies, and often being covered by a builder’s warranty. However, cons may include higher costs, potential construction delays, and waiting for the home to be built.
Before starting the process of building a new home, there are several things you should consider. First, make sure you have a clear understanding of your budget and timeline for completing the project. You should also research local zoning laws and building codes in order to know what type of permits you will need before beginning construction. Additionally, it is important to hire qualified and experienced professionals such as architects and contractors in order to ensure that your new home meets all safety standards. Be sure to read the terms of any loan you may be taking out in order to understand all potential financial obligations.
A construction loan is a type of short-term loan used to finance the construction of a new home. It is typically required when buying/building a new construction home as the home is not yet built and traditional mortgage loans cannot be obtained. Construction loans provide funds to cover the costs of building the home, and once construction is complete, the loan can be converted into a traditional mortgage.
Building a new construction home differs from buying an existing home in several ways. With a new construction home, you can customize the design and features, whereas an existing home is already built and may require renovations or updates. Additionally, building new construction homes often involves working directly with a builder, while existing homes are typically purchased from individual homeowners.
A model home is a fully furnished and decorated home that serves as a representation of what the builder can offer. Visiting a model home can give you a better idea of the layout, finishes, and overall quality of the builder’s work. It is recommended to visit a model home to see if it meets your expectations and to get a sense of the builder’s craftsmanship.
Building Forever Home's is our signature
Cape Coral, Florida is a beautiful and rapidly growing area of the country. In 2022, Cape Coral was named the 6th most popular place to move to in the United States. With beaches, sunshine, and amazing restaurants at your disposal, it’s easy to understand why.
At Arnold Roberts Signature Homes, we can build a luxurious new construction home to complement the enticing coastal lifestyle here in Southwest Florida.
If you’re in the market for a beautiful new home, contact our team of experienced home builders, today! (239) 540-1999